JOB DESCRIPTION: FINANCIAL MANAGER
Full-time employee in finance, accounting and budgeting.
The international dance and theatre company Constanza Macras | Dorkypark, based in Berlin, is looking for an employee in finance, accounting, and budgeting. Constanza Macras | DorkyPark produces on average 2-3 productionsand special projects (symposia, lectures, etc) per year and tours nationally and internationally to guest performancesand festivals. The productions are mainly developed in Berlin, but also frequently abroad by invitation.
The employment contract will start on 01.01.2023.
In the financial area:
– Processing of all business transactions arising in financial accounting
(G/L accounts, assets, creditors, debtors, banks, cash register) and registration in Lexware
– Handling and controlling payment transactions (incoming and outgoing)
– Independent account reconciliation and clarification
- Compiling accounting documents
– Accounting for public funding for individual projects and institutional funding
(including the State of Berlin, the Federal Cultural Foundation, the Capital Cultural Fund)
– Assisting with liquidity planning
– Archiving of tax documents
– Quartal reports for Berlin Senate
– Participation in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements (preparation Datev exports quarterly)
– Accompaniment and communication with the tax consultant during preparing annual Balance report
– Keeping the cash book
- Subordinate office assistant (with a focus on finance)
– Participation in the introduction of new software in business processes
– General financial tasks
In the personnel area:
– Administration of personnel files (payrolls, working hours, holiday, and sickness notifications, etc.)
– Archiving of employment contracts.
– Database maintenance
– Processing of budgeting, analysis of plan and fact for managing decisions
– Preparation of documents for meetings.
– Entrepreneurial financial planning, budgeting, accounting and controlling
– Personnel management
- Contract management (personnel and office administration)
We expect the following from you:
– Completed training as an accountant (m/f/d) or a comparable qualification
– Several years of professional experience in financial or balance sheet accounting
– Safe handling of MS Office and IT-supported accounting programs
– Independent, structured, responsible, and careful way of working
– Controlling experience is desirable, but not a requirement
– High quality awareness and high affinity for numbers
– Strong teamwork and high level of communication and social skills
– Good written and spoken English
– An interesting and varied job in an international theatre company – A collegial team with flat structures
– Flexible working hours
Please send your informative application documents, including your salary expectations, in a PDF file by email to
Ms Pflimlin-Roland: office(at)dorkypark(.)org
We recruit based on skills and talent, regardless of age, sexual orientation, disability, or origin.