The international dance and theatre company Constanza Macras / Dorkypark, based in Berlin Lichtenberg, is looking for a Stage Manager (m/f/d) on a freelance basis.
The company produces an average of 2-3 productions and other special projects (symposia, lectures, open rehearsals, etc.) per year, while touring nationally and internationally for guest performances and festivals.
- As a stage manager, you will be responsible for building the different stage sets, Installment, maintenance and repairment of stage sets, mechanical and technical equipment will be part of your tasks.
- You will be involved in the pre and postproduction of the performances, organizing and supervising schedules, shipment of stage materials, strike-down, and return of materials.
- You will be in contact with the venues we collaborate with, to organize the stage set up when we are on tour or organizing a new performance.
- You will coordinate the work of the stage crew.
- You will take care of rehearsals props and Furnitures.
- The location of work will be mainly in Berlin, other in-house venues and various guest venues
- We expect you to have successfully completed vocational training as an event technician, carpenter or fitter or similar vocational training and to be qualified as a stage manager or event manager.
- You have several years of experience as a stage manager in the theatre, film and event sector.
- Pronounced leadership qualities in the supervision of the technical and organisational guidance of the technical staff are a prerequisite.
- Willingness to work theatre-specific hours (shifts, weekends and holidays) is required. As well as desire for travel.
- Touring or guest performance experience, good English language skills, PC skills are explicitly desired.
- An interesting and varied job in an international theatre company.
- A collegial team with flat structures.
- Flexible working hours.
Please send your informative application documents, including your salary expectations, in a PDF file by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We recruit based on skills and talent, regardless of age, sexual orientation, disability, or origin.